Behavioral targeting identifies and analyzes the behavior of a visitor by comparing the activity of an internet user.
For excellent behavioral targeting, it is also necessary to be interested in the history of browsing.
Usual and recurring behavior on a website, their purchase history, or their current actions depends on Individuals’ targeting.
For example, their visits’ frequency and time, the pages they consult, the products consulted or added to the basket, etc.
And also, Behavioral targeting will allow you to send the right message, to the right person, at the right time.
Aims of Behavioral Targeting
- Behavioral targeting aims to enhance the value of spaces that are of little or no matter as such.
- The Internet obeys specific advertising rules, partially written into its technical functioning.
- However, these operating rules for internet advertising activity did not impose themselves.
- They have benefited from advertisers’ support dissatisfied with the advertising product anxious to offer the market tools adapted to the media’s functioning.
- The principle of behavioral targeting is to send advertising to individuals, regardless of the site and the page visited, only according to their profile.
- Each Internet user profile compares with classic shapes, according to a scoring logic with determined standard faces,
- Behavioral targeting deduces according to the “behavior of the Net surfer.” It mainly involves starting from the Internet user’s centers of interest, inferred from the content he consults
The Online Marketer’s Guide to Behavioral Targeting in 2020
- The outcome of a marketing campaign depends on customer demands and the choice of targeting method.
- It is, therefore, essential to consider your target and combine the corresponding targeting tactics.
- We classify the methods into two categories: technical targeting and user and environment targeting.
- The technical methods used to analyze your target on the Internet determine its geographical position and technical characteristics.
- Through these methods, you can reach your target if they are receptive to advertising.
- Besides, you can make sure that devices and browsers display your advertising materials in the best possible way.
- The targeting methods consider the users and the content’s broadcasting context based on customers on the Web.
- At the intersections of these paths, advertisements are best, which users will find useful or interesting.
How behavioral targeting works
- Effective behavioral targeting requires collecting and coordinating large amounts of data in real-time.
- This data includes products browsed, carted products, content viewed, search keywords, and visitor frequency.
- It also includes as well as transactional data such as average order value and purchase history.
- This method includes capping and time-limited switching. Rate limiting means that your ad is displayed to a limited frequency for each user within a commercial network.
- You can also limit the number of inserts per user. This technique helps prevent ad-saturated users from barely noticing or rejecting their content.
- Additionally, ad placement can be time-limited, ideally at specific times when your target is using the Internet extensively.
- It allows you to abuse the potential of a campaign effectively.
2. Geographic targeting
- Geographic targeting, also called regional targeting, considers the user’s location to your offer.
- The regional service providers or events such as trade shows and enjoy a local policy.
- Traders or service providers avoid distribution losses by limiting themselves to real customers.
- Regionally limited advertising is also useful in the case of media offerings, including copyright laws, which vary from country to country.
- You can set the broadcast area to continents, countries, cities, or even neighborhoods.
3.Targeting through bandwidth
- This strategy allows you to identify the bandwidth of your ad.
- On smartphones or devices with slow Internet access, high-quality banners, or videos increase loading times.
- Some browsers even cancel the loading process to favor user comfort when browsing.
- On the other hand, you can score points with a fun video or an aesthetic banner with bandwidths.
4. Compatibility targeting
- The display of different websites differs depending on the browser and operating system.
- Besides, media such as PCs, tablets, or smartphones have differences in size and format.
- Customizing your banner ads for the most popular formats and browsers ensure that they look best on each of these media.
- Some suppliers of the operating system used by the majority of targets are impressive. So, we must adapt to the design of advertising banners accordingly.
- Software developers, on the other hand, tailor ad content to the operating system in question.
5. Keyword targeting
- Keyword targeting is a marketing method that grants effective advertising content to users.
- It is based on their search inputs and therefore belongs to Search Engine Advertising.
- You must first select the keywords individual items that relate to the advertised product.
- They are defined as target keywords when booking a campaign in the advertising network.
- As soon as people type these words into the search engine, the ad appears in the results.
6. Contextual targeting
- Contextual targeting targets the topics in which potential customers are currently interested.
- Therefore, it is about placing advertising content in text with an appropriate thematic orientation on websites.
- Contextual targeting also includes keywords relevant to the content of the relevant page.
7. IP address targeting and online targeting
- It is also possible to target Internet users with their IP address.
- It is a geographic targeting mode that uses the machine’s IP address when an Internet user visits a website.
- Often used for commercial links and display advertising targeting, it also allows an international site to customize the language of its home page.
- Online targeting allows an advertiser to define a target for an advertising campaign.
- The idea is to define the characteristics related to its clientele.
- They may be age, sex, consumption habits, geographical location.
- And then list the sites that correspond to your target. You will be able to ensure that it is exposed to your advertising message on relevant media.
Also Read: Tripwire Funnel for sales – Characteristic, Types and More
For More: Smart Tech Data