What is Smartphone? – Definition, Characteristics, and More
A Smartphone is technically a pocket computer, to which the capabilities of a traditional mobile phone are attached.
We can locate the Smartphone halfway between a conventional cell phone and a laptop as it unites the capabilities of both ends.
What are the characteristics of a Smartphone?
The different features that we can develop are directly related to the parts of the smart cell phone.
They are the ones that you must take into account when buying a “smartphone.”
1. The Smartphone Processor
- It is a fundamental component of any smartphone. The computing power to perform the tasks depends on it.
- The higher the speed of the processor, the greater the performance of the phone, giving the feeling that it “flies” when working.
- Currently, the devices come with 4 or 8 cores (or cores). The 8 centers are faster.
2. The RAM Memory
- RAM is a memory that the Smartphone uses to work and function.
- It is swift and allows you to store open applications and temporary data while using the device, and it is turned on.
- It is like a lung that gives the phone breathing capacity. The bigger the RAM is, the better.
- Your information disappears and erases when the device turned off.
- It measured in GigaBytes, and smartphones can have from 2 GB, 4 GB to 6 GB of RAM.
- If we open and keep many applications open, the RAM will fill up, and the Smartphone will slow down.
3. The internal memory of the Smartphone
- The internal memory of the Smartphone integrated into the factory plate of the Smartphone. It is the “hard drive” of the Smartphone.
- The phone’s operating system, the applications we install, and their data and user files (such as music, photos, and videos) housed there.
- We can find phones with 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB or 256 GB.
- The more internal memory the phone has, the better and storage problems will reduce.
- The memory capacity of a smartphone is published in the box or can quickly consult by entering settings.
4. The size of the Smartphone screen
The Screen of a Smart Phone is essential for the daily experience that the user has with it.
You have to look for screens with better resolution, sharpness, and quality of colors. Still, the choice of size is essential as it determines the size of a Smartphone.
We can group them into three sizes:
- Small Screen under 4.5 inches: The main reason to buy a small screen phone is because of its compact design. With the finger of one hand, you can reach all sectors of it.
- Medium Screen 4.5 to 5.4 inches: The most popular smartphones have this size of Screen. They are quite comfortable to use with one hand.
- Large Screen or phablet, starting at 5.5 inches: These are devices more likely to be used with two hands. They are more comfortable for watching videos, reading e-books, playing games, etc.
5. The Smartphone battery
- The battery is a device designed to store the electrical energy that powers the Smartphone.
- It is an essential component in Smart Phones since its autonomy depends on it.
- The characteristics of the batteries expose in the phone case.
- It is essential to know that smartphones consume a large amount of electrical energy to function, so they need a different battery than the ones used by older cell phones.
- The charging capacity of a battery measures in “milliamps” (mAh). For example, a cell can be 3,000 mAh or 4,000 mAh.
- The more milliamps it has, the higher its capacity and, therefore, its duration or autonomy.
6. The smartphone camera
- With the appearance of Smart Phones, the majority of users take their photographs using their cameras instead of traditional digital cameras.
- It causes manufacturers to put in better resolution cameras as time goes on.
- Smartphone cameras vary in Megapixels, for example, 5, 16, 20, or 48 Megapixels. The more, the better.
- It should note that other factors make cameras different, such as the quality of the lens, the light sensor, speed, lens aperture, etc.
- You also have to evaluate the presence of the Front camera and the Flash they have.
- The features of the cameras also expose to the phone case.
5 free extensions to manage your tabs on Chrome and Firefox
Here are five Chromium and Firefox compatible extensions to help you catch up. Absorbed by your research for a few…
TAG Heuer Collection: The Next 3 Best Wrist Watches That You Should Purchase
TAG Heuer Collection: The Next 3 Best Wrist Watches That You Should Purchase If you are always running late to…