What is the Website? – Definition, Varieties, and More
The website is an organized and coherent set of Web pages whose function is to offer, inform, advertise, or sell content, products, and services to the rest of the world.
For a website to visited by other people, it must be hosted on a server.
It is a computer connected to the World Wide Web with disk space and enough connectivity to host sites and serve them to the rest of the Internet user community through IP addresses or domain names.
What are the Advantages of the Website?
- A quality website will allow you to improve your professional image, demonstrating above all, the knowledge and acceptance of new technologies.
- More and more thousands of users access the Internet looking for information, a product, or service.
- Therefore, not having a website is a tremendous competitive disadvantage compared to other companies that do.
- And also, It allows direct contact between your company, customer, and supplier in a faster and cheaper way.
- All the information you include on your website will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
What is Hosting Server?
The Hosting service involves renting a space on the hard disk of a server connected directly to the Internet to host your website.
And also, The better the server where you host your website, the more benefits and better response time your site will make to your visitors on the web.
What are the Varieties in the Website?
There is also a wide variety of websites, generally differentiated by the kind of information they provide. Among the multiple numbers of types, we will briefly see the most common:
- Personal blogs are where a person writes articles or posts about their likes, preferences, or topics that they dominate. There are platforms such as WordPress or Blogger to create them.
- Company sites are used by companies to publicize society, its products, and services.
- Personal sites (or social networks) used by individuals to display information about themselves and to interact with other users. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are the best-known examples.
- Auction sites, where items auctioned online, such as eBay.
- News sites dedicate to commenting and giving current information—for example, the websites of large newspapers.
- Download sites used to download software from the Internet, such as Softonic.
- E-commerce sites are to purchase products through the network. Amazon.com used most widely.
KNOW MORE:- divineworldbe
How to move your business operation abroad
Moving your business abroad is a great way to expand. You can reach new customers, establish your brand in new…
10 Effective Strategies on How to Get More Comments on YouTube
The number of comments you get on your YouTube videos directly correlates with how popular your channel will become. Getting…