8 Proven Ways to Increase Operational Efficiency of IT
If you observe the latest trends in business growth, Information Technology (IT) is surely seen as one of the rapidly growing sectors. The role of IT in driving an organization’s operational goals is imperative. The IT sector deals with crucial responsibilities such as managing and monitoring enterprise devices, hardware maintenance and repair practices, providing technical support and troubleshooting, managing cyber-security, IT asset and data management, administering custom networks and settings.
With so many critical tasks riding on their shoulders, especially after the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic which has urged all businesses to take up remote working, the global IT sector is overwhelmed with tasks to ensure that all remote operations run smoothly.
Following are 8 proven ways to improve the operational efficiency of IT
1. Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing is a global reality today and businesses of all sizes are opting for this economic approach owing to its easy functionality and high efficiency.
- It involves enabling services such as databases, servers, storage spaces and backup facilities, software, networking & analytical tools on the internet for flexibility and convenient access to resources.
- Providing an edge over traditional ways which are costly, demand specific infrastructures and involve long deployment routines, Cloud Computing is facilitating enterprises a cost-effective way to expand their operations and deliver a rapid roll-out of products & services.
- In essence, Cloud back write for us computing is viewed today as a means of improving operational efficiency.
2. OOB Enrolment & Management of Enterprise Devices
- All businesses need skilled IT professionals to carry out a variety of tasks. One of the critical responsibilities of the IT sector is to manage and monitor enterprise devices.
- Out-of-band (OOB) enrolment is a form of Network automation management that consists of a 2-factor verification pattern that helps strengthen the cyber-security of Enterprise devices by preventing unauthorized access.
- This mode of management can be completely automated by the IT professional to involve customizable features such as push notifications, QR code authentication, Voice authentication, Biometric authentication enabling faster and easier management of devices.
3. Device & User Grouping and Subgrouping
- In an effort to reduce manual work and achieve greater operational efficiency, technological advances have led to the development of Enterprise device management features that enable IT, teams, to form systematic groups and sub-groups in order to control all devices within a particular group simultaneously.
- This not only automates the process but also enables the IT professionals to perform actions like reboot, apply or reapply management profiles, set or modify policies and assign administration in a go.
4. Automation & Workflows to Reduce Manual Efforts
- Modern-day IT environment demands automation of processes and workflow in order to optimize operational efficiency.
- With new-age solutions like Mobile Device Management (MDM), manual requirements can be automated enabling IT admins to create automated workflows with configured tasks, reminders and alerts.
- Automated workflows simplify processes including publishing selective apps on devices, locking or unlocking and rebooting devices and switching or setting profiles.
- In addition, it also enables efficient security checks and compliance alerts in the form of battery & data usage indicators, Geo-fence setting, storage compliance, inactivity compliance and more.
5. Integrating Business Tools on One Platform
- Holding onto traditional IT operational methods can result in an overwhelming of IT professionals since they are solely responsible for managing and securing enterprise devices, IT assets & endpoints.
- However, high-end MDM services now enable IT admins to integrate various business tools with an MDM interface to control all operations on a single convenient platform.
- These tools may include ITSM (IT Service Management) tools or other business tools that are industry-specific.
- With a powerful integrated solution that allows access to all data and device information via a unified platform, the IT team has simply one detailed panel to manage driving its efficiency to the maximum.
6. Improved Processes with Role-based Access
- Needless to say, IT admins are responsible for enterprise device management, data security and managing access to confidential information which makes it critical to review and assign stringent access restrictions.
- Role-based access is a new-age concept used by several MDM providers which enables the IT admins to create custom Role-based accounts with varying degrees of access to information on the device.
- The IT professionals can also assign custom roles with defined permissions to limited people who will have access to the device and data management. This can easily be done with good software, such as the Couranto data management solution, which will save you a lot of time and effort in the future.
7. Investing in an Internal Communication Tool
- With several companies working remotely, especially due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it is the need of the hour for businesses to have seamless communication to ensure operational efficiency.
- The IT professionals, in particular, are responsible for constant backend support and troubleshooting whenever the need arises.
- In such a scenario, an efficient internal communication tool is required to bridge the communication gap between the IT admins and employees.
- This is critical to ensure that no technical queries are left unattended and the operations can continue without extended downtime. NuovoTeam is one of the best upcoming communication apps for remotely working teams.
8. Opting for Automated Cyber Security Protocols
- In the age of the internet, ensuring fool-proof cyber-security protocols is a must to thwart data leakage threats. Cyber-security protocols enable IT professionals to build custom barriers to ensure stringent security of data and the device.
- Several companies have already begun adopting automated security services such as Web Application Firewalls, Zero-trust policy, use of VPN for accessing Enterprise tools and information, Certificate and Key management, Smart scanners, Single authentication markup language (SAML), Containerisation using MDM.
- Rising expectations of consumers and partners have created the need for Enterprises to come up with constantly ameliorating IT efficiency strategies.
- Automation, however, remains to be the foundation of every strategy. Modern-day solutions such as MDM (Mobile Device Management) and EMM Solution (Enterprise Mobility Management) show great potential in providing integrated solutions to curb redundancy in the responsibilities of IT professionals.
- Scalefusion is one such well-established MDM platform that streamlines complex IT processes and helps integrate them with business tools while providing security compliance features, application & content management, team communication, secure browsing and location tracking to ease out the manual load on IT professionals.
Shambhavi is a Senior Content Writer at Scalefusion/Promobi Technologies with prior experience in commercial writing, creative team planning, product cataloging, and content strategizing. She is a “Biotechnologist turned writer” and believes that the inception of great ideas happens over coffee.
Top 5 Reasons to Get Solar Panels in Virginia
Projections show that the global solar energy market will reach a value of $223.3 billion by 2026. Solar energy has…