The COVID-19 pandemic has upended the lives of billions of people all around the world. People with flourishing lives and active days have been forced to stay indoors all the time.
The careers of millions have been brought to a screeching halt, especially those that involved travel or some amount of outdoor work.
Even as economies around the world have desperately tried to return to normalcy, the pandemic shows no signs of ending any time soon, ten months after the first lockdowns.
Just like people, millions of companies have also had to bear the brunt of the pandemic. The strategies of companies have had to be evaluated multiple times in the past few months, simply because the lockdown has gone on far longer than expected.
Since the amount of cash in the hands of people has reduced, so has their purchasing capacity, directly impacting the bottom line of organisations.
During the days of the pandemic, all companies need to overhaul their marketing strategies to suit the times.
The world is figuring out a way to get used to the new normal that has been imposed upon us, and the marketing strategies of companies before the pandemic are a clear misfit during these times.
Here are the best marketing strategies you can implement in your company during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Table of Contents
1. Accumulate a Customer Base
- It is true that during these times, people have little to spend.
- Whether you are a company that deals in products or one that does in services, if you continue to deal at the same prices that you did before the pandemic, you are unlikely to be successful anymore.
- The fact that the pandemic has brought the economy to a stop can be treated as an opportunity.
- This is a great chance to reconfigure your customer base and add more demographic groups to it to make it broader.
- While it is true that your customers are currently not in a position to carry out a lot of purchasing activity, they certainly will at some point in the future. This is the chance to build trust with them and make them loyal to your company.
- You can give discounts, run contests or even indulge in the odd giveaway. This will be an investment in the future of your firm.
2. Serve the Community
- There is nothing that builds better goodwill than giving back to society.
- During the pandemic, the importance of community service has increased more than ever, and organizations that are doing something to help the unfortunate during these testing times are viewed very favorably by the public.
- There bound to be hundreds of organizations in all the areas that you based out of, that operate food banks, night shelters, volunteering programs, and much more. As a company, you can contribute to these organizations and do your bit.
- You can also set up partnerships with them, and offer them infrastructural support that they might otherwise have difficulty in procuring at this time.
- This bound is to create a positive image of your company for prospective customers, and might even help increase your customer base.
3. Content Marketing
- The pandemic has meant that billions of people now have to work from home. This has meant significant savings of time – time which can be utilized for various other productive means.
- A large number of people have taken to building their skills in various domains during the pandemic. You can also partake in helping your prospective customers in building these skills.
- You can build courses with the help of third-party companies, and help customers learn subjects which you believe you are adept in.
- While this part of your company might be transient and last only as long as the pandemic. And also, it can also help you build a loyal customer base for your main vocation.
- You can take the help of open source tools to assist your customers in learning as well. Learn this here now.
4. Virtual Shows and Seminars
- This has become one of the most popular marketing techniques during the time of the pandemic.
- You can conduct a wide variety of virtual events ranging from webinars to keynotes to shows and much more.
- Webinars not only help viewers learn about the topic of concern but also help them acquainted with your company to a greater extent.
- Sponsoring webinars bound to spread the word among the public regarding your company, much more so because webinars generally attend by a much greater number of people than a similar physical event.
- Similarly, investing in online entertainment with influencers as invitees and speakers lead to a large audience for the show, and hence a large audience acquainted with your brand.
5. Staying Vigilant
- It is important to stay vigilant during the pandemic because the face of your industry can change any day.
- You need to keep a close watch on the issues that face by your competition so that you can make your way around those problems.
- You must also keep an eye on which companies have been losing customers due to various regions.
- So you may now capture their market share and increase your customer base. This may require changing strategies on a very regular basis.
- However, when we emerge from the pandemic, the world is likely to be very different from what it was before.
- There will be new market leaders, and the market shares of industries will have been totally upended.
- It is only companies that stay vigilant, and showcase the flexibility of strategy, that are going to be winners once this is over.
- Marketing strategies are essential for companies that wish to maintain or increase their customer base during and after the pandemic.
- The strategies mentioned above can work extremely well if companies put their mind to it. And also, will certainly save and pay rich dividends to your firm in the long run. You can choose InVideo for your video marketing strategies.