Table of Contents
Email Marketing Definition
Email marketing is the most effective plan in digital marketing. Affordable cost, ease of customization, and good return on investment will drive email as one of the main channels for direct marketing.
However, it is clear that this channel also presents challenges in terms of conversion and, mainly, the behavior of users, who are increasingly adept at messaging platforms on mobile devices.
The reality is that we generate 100 times more emails than Facebook and Twitter posts combined every day.
So if you are looking for email marketing strategies to improve open rate, increase click-through rate, and strengthen relationships with your potential customers, this article is for you.
5 Best Tips for Email Marketing
1. Build Your Qualified Lead List
- If 63.9% of Mexicans access the Internet and 76.6% are present on social networks (and agree to share information), why does your company want to buy an email list?
- All you get is a disqualified base and few opportunities for a return on sales. Worse yet, it is illegal to conduct mass email campaigns without customer authorization.
- The only result for your brand will be a bad reputation.
- By building a list of leads, the company can attract qualified leads, prevents its emails from being marked as spam, gain credibility, ensures email delivery, and increases access to real metrics.
- It is an opportunity to receive quality feedback that can be useful as a strategy in subsequent email marketing campaigns.
2. Have a credibility tool that delivers to mobile devices
- Choosing a useful email marketing tool is critical to building credibility and ensuring delivery.
- Look for software that offers metric and email model options and focuses on service delivery, not your base number.
- Did you know that folks check their phone about 85 times a day? And that 38% of those people open their email on that device?
- With so many people using mobile devices, hire responsive software that adjusts the message to the size of the screen.
3. Be interesting, offer solutions and talk less about yourself
- Email marketing is the ideal medium to reach thousands of people quickly, directly, and massively in any part of the world.
- Put the branding aside for a moment and listen carefully to the reader to see what they want when they subscribe to the email.
- Keep in mind that focusing on offers is not very inviting for the consumer, while highlighting the benefits of the service through content marketing is very attractive.
- Another advantage of email marketing is the possibility of using it in different ways. You can include images, music, videos, and all kinds of tools that help you capture the attention of your customers.
4. Get to the point and don’t send thousands of emails
- With the daily hustle and bustle and the bombardment of information, no one wants to waste time on excessive reading.
- Since 69% of people say that receiving frequent email marketing is reason enough to unsubscribe, carefully plan your actions, and create a marketing automation and dispatch schedule to define a routine.
- The user will see their email as valuable amid so much electronic garbage and will think twice before deleting it.
To make email marketing your ally, keep it short and send an email only when you have something useful to say.
- The day and time of delivery also make a difference in the results, since they can influence 100% in the numbers of clicks and conversions.
- Choose the schedule based on the metrics analyzed and the results of the A / B tests, which we will discuss below.
5. Track metrics and optimize campaigns
- Look at the numbers of shipments, deliveries, returns, opens, and clicks on the links, as well as the relationships.
- And also, with the most clicks, the time spent, the unsubscribe rate, and the marks as spam, among others.
- Sending transactional emails with real-time tracking and graphical reporting also generates useful data.
- Approach email marketing not as a simple outreach tool, but as a means to better understand the customer and identify their preferences.